Thursday, 14 June 2007

Starvation...


Good morning World!

At the moment, all i can think about are the hunger pangs slowly consuming me, belly first. In my attempt to save money i brought cereal in a plastic container with the intention of using the milk from work. 2 reasons - so that my cereal wouldn't be soggy once i get to work which is almost an hour later and because i don't drink coffee or tea, therefore making me entitled to my share of the milk. Right then, this is what amazes me. How can you not have a constant supply of milk for an office/common room this big. Apparently everyone use to head up to the 6th floor or something but since the shift we have our very own common room on our floor (3rd). It is mind-blowing and extremely frustrating that an educational facility like this one is incapable of accomplishing the simplest of tasks - milk supply. How hard is it to have a standing order or something seeing as there will always be a constant need throughout the year for it. Ah well...there really isn't anything i can do about it so i'm destined to eat my Cheerios dry...how sad is that!
I successfully made my first Hearty Beef Casserole last night and from the tiny amount i was able to pack and bring for lunch today i come to the conclusion that Toby and I eat a lot...well he eats for 4-5 people really hahaha...the recipe was meant to serive 4-6 people and we ate most of it last night. It was pretty yummy though..i might have to go score me a bread roll or something from the Cafeteria later to go with my leftover beef casserole lunch.
I wonder what i should do today. I want to have a look at the Nike Yoga range of stuff as i really need a new mat. I've been going to Yoga on and off for almost a month now and i must say i am seeing the benefits. I am still too scared to do a free head stand though but according to my instructor, the only thing stopping me is my mind not my body. Toby is so flexible, he use to do it while he was growing up because his mum was in to it. Damnation, that boy is good at anything and everything he sets his mind too. It's not fair hahaha some of us have to work our butts off. Anyway, back to the subject of yoga mats...I bought mine for $15 from The Warehouse (yes i'm a cheapskate, i didn't know how long i'd be interested). So, everytime i do a pose that requires traction i realize how crappy my mat it is - i slip all over the place. I can either invest in a nice new mat or some sticky hand/feet pads also known as Yoga Grips.
What else is new? I went to see my fave lecturer the other day. He was sick and a tad grumpy but still great to catch up with. You know, when your lecturers feel comfortable enough to swear in front of you, you've transcended the mere status of student. He's so funny and extremely sarcastic. I didn't get along with him at the start because he was very straight-to-the-point and like i said, sarcastic. He started warming up to me once the sarcasm was thrown back at him though. I remember one thing he said to me a while ago when we bumped into each other on concourse..."You haven't grown?" he said, i replied "Neither have you!". He's fairly short too so it was a bloody awesome comeback.
YAY! Two more days to the weekend. I went to bed at 8PM last night, yes yes yes, I'm a Nanna...i have been so very sleep deprived though. I keep telling myself that maybe if i start sleeping earlier i'll get more. Doesn't work that way does it...i end up waking up at 4.30AM feeling pretty energized then falling asleep and waking up two hours later feeling like shit. So, i've decided this weekend, i am making no plans...i am sleeping until i can't sleep anymore. Oh, something else that i'm REAL excited about...Toby has been busy with work and exams heaps lately and his last two exams are Monday and Tuesday next week. I have actually gotten quite use to going grocery shopping or normal shopping on my own a lot because of this and due to the fact that he doesn't enjoy the experience as much as i do. One time, when we were out shoe shopping he was yawning heaps and it seemed that i had to virtually drag him around by his ears. I asked, as most girlfriends do, the token question - "Do you want to go home?" and you know what he said...YES!! I stopped what i was doing and looked straight at him and asked one more time, willing him with my eyes as to what the appropriate answer was. LOL. Anyway, back to the reason why i'm excited...Toby promised that he'll do whatever i ask once his last exam is over. So that means he has to go shopping and isn't allowed to complain...YAY!!
It's like my life has no meaning anymore when i find myself this excited about all the little things. Hahaha...I'm having dinner with one of my girlfriends tonight which i am quite excited about too. She's lovely, her name's Jayme..and we use to work together. She's the funniest and the naughtiest by far. She's punched guys at the pub before and she's really not that much bigger than me. She makes boys cry, she drinks like a fish and is oh so protective of her girls. She only turned 18 this year but man she reminds me of the good ol' days. She calls me mummy a lot because i'm always the responsible one (what can i say...it comes with age..sheesh). She and Toby get along like a house on fire because they have similar humour. For example, calling people names and telling people off. It's extremely entertaining. So yeah...i'm going on a date with my Blue Jay tonight...what should i wear??
This is getting a bit long...hopefully you made it this far...Major prize anyone? Nah...not today hehehe...

No comments: