Thursday, 21 June 2007

Keep Truckin...

It was torture to crawl out of my warm nest this morning...Toby and i decided to watch Igby Goes Down on my laptop in bed so we didn't sleep til quite late. It's such a nuisance when you wake up and your eyes actually hurt, it's almost like they're yelling at you "Oi! We're not done, keep 'em closed!" Alas, i am responsible enough to drag 'em to the shower before blasting them with hot water to wake em up along with the rest of me..LOL It's rainy today but somehow a lot warmer than usual. I am still clad in 2 tops, a fleece hoodie, tights, pants and boots, not to mention a scarf and a beanie...Hey, I just realized the sun's out now so YEEYAH! By the way Igby Goes Down was pretty good, not a typical mainstream movie though so unless you're into that sort of stuff...you might not like it. It had Keiran Culkin in it as well as Ryan Phillipe, Sharon Stone, Claire Danes so there was quite a star studded line-up.
My new cellphone has arrived. Toby and i went on a mission to the courier place yesterday evening. We thought it was just a couple of blocks away according to the map but the map was WRONG...we had to walk a good 15 minutes and then walked all the way back while it was pissing down with rain. Ah well, a shower and daily exercise combined eh?! We were having a nice yarn all the way though..it stil amazes me how we always have so much to talk about. Back to the topic of my new cellphone - i really like it but the round keypad does my head in a little. I guess i now know what my mum felt and went through when i first thought her how to text; she'd stare real intently at the keypad and press slowly...so cute..she's a pro at it nowadays though! Thinking about it, i also taught Toby's grandma to text...i absolutely adore that old lady. She's so alert and active, i want to grow old like that!
So this morning i found out that Immigration have failed my application because i don't have a recent full medical check-up. So guess who's headed for a full medical check-up with blood tests and chest x-ray?! The last one i did was when i first came over in 2004 so i guess it is long overdue. Hey who knows, they may let me keep the x-ray film, those things look awesome when you hang them on windows!
Oooo, i'm thinking of going blonde. I was talking to Dori about it this morning. I see a lot of dark skin girls will blonde hair and they look cool..i'm afraid of looking like a prostitute but none of the ones i have in mind do...It is a real drastic thing to do though..it comes with consequences such as having to touch up at the roots all the time etc. So until i work up the courage to actually do something about it you can all comment and tell me whether you think it'll look cool or not okay?!
This chicka looks awesome...Her name's Tila Tequila and she's the myspace Queen. See? She's as tanned as i am and looks pretty darn cute with beachy blonde hair. I'm not trying to look like her...i'm just using her as an example. She's damn fit though don't you think? She does nude modelling and raunchy stuff but seriously has the figure of an angel..a very hot one..hahah! She's pretty versatile i reckon because she can go from hot mama to innocent babe in a snap! Oh yeah, she sings and raps too..She's Vietnamese but moved to the US when she was younger so she's got this cool-as American accent and giggles a lot. Have a look on her page, you get to see her dancing around, laughing and talking. Actually i'll attach another photo of her...you know, she looks an awful lot like Ayumi Hamasaki in this one:

I bet she could be the next big Suicide Girl if she wanted to...
She's got such massive eyes...i wonder if in the future cosmetic surgeons will be able to make everyone's eyes bigger if they haven't already found a way.
On to my next topic then?
You know Dori and i stumbled on to the topic of skin color this morning and the funniest thing was that she never really realized that i was brown. Like of course she knew i was brown but it wasn't something that stood out to her. I know so many people that saw that first and everything else like my sense of humour, my personality etc as second. It's awesome how you're true friends see beyond the basics. I went through most of my life in my hometown with the color of my skin as the main identifier...Now that i'm in a bigger place etc it's funny how you're identified with more specific elements like that girl who speaks with a funny accent from Malaysia..i've heard that one before LOL. Actually according to Toby that was one of the first things he noticed, my accent. Up to this day, i don't know what sort of accent i have. There use to be people back home that would try and put on an accent but mine just spills out of my mouth. Some people come up to me and ask me which part of America i'm from? Um..i've never been there in my life. I remember there was even a rumour at Prime, one of the lecturers was bragging apparently she had a student from the US in her class..and i was like hey cool, someone who's from overseas...so i was pretty darn disappointed to find out that it was actually me she was talking about. (Smacks head) =P
I hope you're having a fabulous day today and don't worry the weekend is a just around the corner! Viva La Revolution....=D

4 comments:

Mingming said...

hahhahahah..which lecturer Oo?? so Funnie!!!

debzdomain said...

Do you seriously need a clue? haha..You remember right? Man, was it you guys that told me and i was so excited that we were going to get an English speaking student hahaha...Is she still teaching there?

jeshrek said...

you can make your eyes bigger. It's been around for a long time. They cut the skin on the edge of your eye. You can choose front, back, or both, and your eyes will be huge.

Anonymous said...

Gee, she *does* look like Ayu-chan...if Ayu was a gigantic slut who couldn't keep her legs closed! She looks more like E.T.