Thursday, 28 June 2007

Good luck in your new place...

It's appropriate in this case...So i'd tell you to play the youtube video by Basement Jaxx while you read today's post.



Now, Envilo has been more tactless than usual lately but guess what? She's shifting offices! So i guess the law delivered..=) just 1 minute ago though she did this thing that she does A LOT which i like to call 'bull-dozing'. A student came to see me regarding something that i actually knew a little about so i answered her questions with the knowledge that i had. Then, Envilo who was obviously eavesdropping but couldn't be bothered helping at the time decided to bombard us with another way of sorting the situation out. Now, i've been here for a total of 3 months so i admit that i'm still learning but come on, you don't have to freakin' push-in and make me look bad by asking me 3 million times in an accusing tone "you don't know how to do that?" She frustrates me so...i have learnt to deal with it but i think one of my major character flaws is that i tend to take things personally. It's like i don't normally mess things up but as soon as i do she needs to establish who's queen bee and trample me to death (yea yea bees don't trample but you know what i mean)...sounds exaggerated but i don't think i'm too far off. Technically if we reviewed the hierarchy, she isn't queen bee...actually i am because i am the Head of School's personal assistant and she is just a secretary in one of the departments. Sigh...i'm going to stop venting now...if like attracts like i sure as hell do not want to be attracting more of these thoughts. So ending on a good note, "good luck good luck, good luck in your new place" Envilo...

It's been an awesome day nonetheless. There was frost this morning!! I should've taken my camera and i actually took it with me but changed my mind at the last minute because i was too cold to bother hehe! We go past these huge rugby fields on the way to Uni and it was all white instead of green so it was so pretty. Mark was in the bus with me and was quite amused as to how excited i was about it all...then he realized that i had every reason to seeing as we only have one measely season in Malaysia. =)

Oh by the way, i declined the job at Marketing and Communications this morning. I decided that i was actually quite happy at my current job and with settling in and meeting new people and all 4 weeks would be insufficient for me to learn that much. I emailed my mum and dad about it and they agreed so yeah, i send an email declining today but the lady was so lovely she said that i'd go far in my chosen career because i have a wonderful attitude and zest for life. Isn't that the sweetest...that's how you get employees hooked really, i'd definately consider working for them someday because she said that. A little kindness goes a long way.
When i told my current boss that i decided to stay he said the sincerest 'thank you' i've ever heard and looked so relieved. So needless to say i am pretty happy with my decision.

Now that i've decided that i'm going to stay at this job (those of you who don't already know, i don't have much work at all and spend most of my day entertaining myself online) i have made it a point to do a little something everyday that is related to furthering my knowledge/exposure regarding my two passions - photography and marketing/advertising...So...today i came across this video and wanted to share (because? Sharing is caring...that's right hehe) Anyway, this clip honestly looks like a moving Vogue photoshoot. The colours are vibrant, the textures realistic. I want to be able to take photos or set photoshoots up that look like this. I admit the singing is a tad quirky but most unique things are cool right? So here..have a look:



My favorite photographer is David La Chapelle. He's been around for a while but he's still one of the best in the business. Actually my brother got me into his work and i ended up stealing his copy of La Chapelle Land..heheh Sorry! Anyway, here's a short doco about David:



Oh and if you haven't seen RIZE...i urge you to get it out and watch it. It's a true example of how as human beings we are still evolving; finding new ways to deal with what life hands us.

Peace Out..

1 comment:

L_ZEE said...

u forgot to add me to ur list of fav photographers :P hahahahaha...