Tuesday, 19 June 2007

Pop, Lock and Drop It....

I don't even know what that means but it's sure fun to say! It's the title and chorus of a song by Huey. You know, i was never quite exposed to Hip Hop, i think i was more of a pop person when i was younger. Since starting Hip Hop dance classes a year ago though a lot of the songs we hear on the radio have most probably already been played to death in class or at the clubs. There's even a club that plays solely Hip Hop sounds, Palmy is tiny, we have a total of like 5 clubs so if one of them decides to cater for one music category it has to have a pretty massive following. Actually before i forget i came across a really awesome online radio station a while ago and thought i'd share because caring is sharing..hehehe! It's called HotHitsAtlanta. It's always on especially when i'm at work...a lot of new music so lots to sing along too! Yeeyah..

On to other things, today has been another superb day. Been potting around my office and typing on my keyboard. I had enough time this morning to make myself lunch so i haven't spent a cent on food today because i also brought cereal (they had milk today) and an apple. I also made myself a boysenberry jam sandwich in case i get peckish on my way home from work. I had a really good sleep last night too which is always a plus. Honestly, not having to rush in the mornings makes the whole day go at a nice pace.

This morning was really misty though, the sun's out now but visibility this morning was low. It was a very crisp morning being winter and all but that's definately the first time i've seen it so misty. Looked like a scene out of those scary fantasy movies where you walk into the haunted woods. Seriously, with just the skeleton of the trees lining the streets it really did look like that!

Okay, so yesterday i went and picked up the DVD player for Toby's mum's birthday. It costs a little more than we expected but we've decided to go halves so that's all good. We scored ourselves one of these players when Toby got me my camera (my precious FujiFilm FinePix S6500fd) for Christmas. It came with a special deal where you could send off for one of three things - a DVD player, an MP3 player or a Coffee Maker. We both have our own MP3 players and neither of us drink coffee so it was the obvious choice. He was so cute when he gave me my Christmas present. We were at the Wilson Christmas last year so we were staying at his Aunt's place (it's a massive house with a pool and spa etc so that's where all the festivities were to be held as well as where the entire clan was crashing). I had an awesome time, i met all of his cousins and relatives basically and got along with all of them. Anyway, somehow Toby and i got lucky and actually had a room to sleep in (every year it's a first come first serve basis but there's a lot of backyard so camping out is always an option). Anyway, we woke up early morning and wanted to exchange gifts before having to do it with everyone. I got him a Playstation 2 Eye-toy game that he really wanted called Anti-Grav. Basically you get to be on a hoverboard in the game and the movement of the board is control by your movement. VERY COOL...so next he gave me mine (now just a quick note, my camera had decided to crap out a day before that so i was quite upset about it all). First he gave me rechargeable batteries...i said thanks, this is really cool..almost not knowing how to react if that was the ONLY present he was going to give me. Then there was a second package..it was a set of camera accessories like a camera bag, a tripod and a 1GB memory card. I said thanks, but i already have a tripod and bag so he said..yeah, but i thought you might like the extra memory. So i smiled and said thanks..thinking that was it. But there was one last package...and he had a cheeky glint in his eyes..when i opened it i couldn't believe it, i honestly thought it was just the box. I was scared to touch it worried that i might break something but it was the most amazing camera and it was mine. I was so HAPPY..it's been glued to my hand ever since then...hehehe Yesh, i should have photos to show for it but i'm still trying to figure out how to watermark my work so be patient...all in due time. =P
I scored myself a new (well fairly new) cellphone the other day. I'm a big trademe (NZ version of ebay basically) fanatic so i'm always buying stuff. I've been wanting a new cellphone and finally decided to stop waiting for the Sidekick 3, it's going to take a while to get to NZ and have all the features. At the moment, if you get an unlocked version you can only call and text. I decided to get the Nokia 3650 for those of you who are phone crazy don't freak...i don't have a problem with using a phone that isn't the latest model. It has all the features that i want so that's all that matters to me. It even has more functions for its price i reckon, it has expandable memory which not all phones nowadays have. Anyway..it should be here in the next couple of days so i'm very excited!
Well, that might be all for today...have an awesome day...and don't forget to smile...
Much Love..

2 comments:

Mingming said...

teehee...DEBZ.....miss u..and im glad ur bloggin again. You and gadgets..I dun understand why I am so so so poor!!

Mingming said...

coz..i dun buy those kind of tech things...and yes..HAPPY belated bday to toby's mom...Hi to Toby for me....ive nt even met my best frens beau before..this sucks!