Wednesday, 13 June 2007

Bitten by the Blog Bug

I owe a lot of people an explanation regarding my disappearance...
For a while there i got tired of having an opinion. I got tired of censoring myself...and at the same time i decided that i really wasn't that interesting. Yes, i was having a good 'ol wallow in self pity for a while there but i'm back now. I've decided to keep the friendster blog open because i can't think of a better place to exhibit my poetry but...a new blog means a new start to me. We'll think of the consequences later...I think i will keep one rule though, no real names will be mentioned if i'm having a rant. Good rule, yeah i think so.
So, what's new with me? I finished my Bachelor of Communications in 2006 and was suppose to graduate in May but mum and dad couldn't make it so it has since been shifted/postponed to the November Graduation. (I will pause on this topic for a while because i need to vent...)
The lady in the other office, we shall call her Evilo...she drives me crazy. Do you know what just happened while i was typing this? I got a phone call regarding a student who needs an extension for an assignment because she got admitted to hospital. It's straightforward seeing as i have actually been a student before. All i had to do is locate the lecturer and talk to him. All i asked her for was info of his whereabouts and she has since 'avalanched' her way into my business...rang up the lady and asked dumb questions...making me look like a bimbo that can't even take a bloody message. I'm so sick of her...i've tried my hardest to be patient but when this happens it makes my blood boil. I am NOT incompetent, i can take a message and pass it on perfectly...if nothing else, that is one task that i'm good at seeing as i've done it since i was old enough to talk. Why do women like Evilo think that it's okay to make someone else feel so small? She is so tactless...doesn't that sort of wisdom come with age? She's ancient so i guess my theory is seriously faulted. I want to shake it out of her. It's people like her that probably make me wonder why blog in a way...why have an opinion? She has one and nobody cares about what she thinks. I know for a fact i don't but she doesn't seem to get my mallet sized hint. Instead she bombards anyone who will stand still for long enough with information that is irrelevant to their existence. Earlier when i'd first started the job she thought it was her duty and purpose in life to tell the STUDENTS that the school was in total chaos and none of this disorganization was her fault. It was all because she had to shift offices twice...She had to shift down the hall for crying out loud, it's NOT rocket science. I heard her rendition so many times that i swear it was going to be a trigger for me to snap and go columbine or something. How do some people do it without realizing what they're doing? Maybe people like her have a mild case of Asperger Syndrome. How else can you explain her ignorance to other people's feelings?
I think i'm done with that for a while...i'm praying hard for strength because i'm not going to be able to make it through the day without divine intervention. I'm going to escape to the common room for 2 minutes...be right back. Wasn't gone for long enogh, Damnation.
So back to the topif of life, graduation etc. So missing the May graduation was excruciating. I came home the first day and bawled my eyes out to poor Toby. I was trying to hold back because crying on the bus is just plain freaky unless your filming a music video. I had a massive cry and felt better after. I lost hope in the existence of reliable people...actually i still think that it's a lost cause a lot of the time. It's winter, i'm allowed to loathe everything for a little while everyday. Except i don't want to live the rest of my life complaining about something that i cannot change...I'm getting there, some days are harder than the others.

I'm currently at work, if you hadn't already gathered. I am a personal assistance to one of the Head of Schools at uni. Originally he hired me for a week or 2 because they were short staffed but then his Personal Assistant resigned and they were having trouble with getting a replacement. So hey presto, i have been at this job for almost 2 1/2 months now. Money is awesome because we get holiday pay straight up. I was sick all week last week though which means the coming pay will be a relatively small one. The week before that they managed to overpay me so they had to deduct the excess off the following week. In other words, since i'm trying to save money, i am broke. There are a couple of things that i want for myself but can't bring myself to spend the money. Sad..


(1) A Sony mylo - this gorgeous gadget is for going online, texting and skyping. It isn't a cellphone which is why i can't quite bring myself to buy one. It is so very cute though right?



(2) A Sidekick 3 - which is a cellphone. It has a Qwerty keypad, the screen doesn't just shift laterally it does a swigle..hahaha..Only problem is, i need one that in unlocked. They are so cool, i want one so badly.


(3) Last but not least, i want a HP TouchSmart desktop. It is a masterpiece. I have a picture of it on my desktop so that hopefully the laws of attraction will slowly draw one to me that suits my small budget.
It just sucks that because the screen is also a touchpad, it is so much more expensive. Like seriously, for the same amount of money i could get some awesome customizable specs on a Dell computer.

Enough with the salivating though. You'd be pleased to know that the impossible is in fact achievable. I have not bought a single pair of shoes or a single piece of clothing in a month. Me the person who goes out every weekend and sees shopping as a legitimate sport...I decided since i'm moving away that i should not buy anything major until i am sure of the weather. It gets so bloomin' cold in Palmy that it's really hard to explain/imagine. Auckland will be a significant change though. It's going to be an adventure alright...At least i can hope that warmer weather will mean less chances of me feeling blue and consequently falling ill. I have been sick so many times this year it's insane. I keep getting these darn chest infections that i'm tempted to pursue the lifestyle of a hermit. My doctor said that the only way to really protect yourself is by living a life of solitude. Boo hoo, people are entertainment, i wouldn't be able to survive. =P

I wonder if this is a sufficient post..if you made it this far, you have won a major prize!
Cheers,
Deb's Alter Ego













No comments: