Wednesday, 8 August 2007

No sighs just highs...

Right then, since i came over to NZ and didn't have that constant unlimited outpour of humidity and sunshine that we all love to hate in Malaysia, i have noticed that my mood is often influenced by the weather; on gloomy cold days i'm miserable, on extreme Southerly (seriously those winds are the worse kind, coming straight from the South Pole i wouldn't be surprised if a penguin could survive in an air pocket and travel comfortably over for a holiday lol) windy days i'm angry and irritable (it's weird, when the wind's coming at you from every angle or blasting at you and making it particularly difficult to advance forward i take it as a personal attack, much like when an older sibling picks on you while you give them the evilest glare you can muster LOL) and on sunny days i feel alive. Haha..it just started raining outside! See? i told you its personal, it heard me complaining lol. Yesterday we started off with a warm sunny day, then had some showers, a big downpour, more sunshine, HAIL (i love hail though, it makes the coolest sound) then more showers. I can only brag about the Kiwi ability to handle all weather and all seasons in one day so many times, at this point i'm over it; i want to know that as i gauge the weather in the morning while i decide what to wear accordingly that my choice will be applicable throughout the day. I need to know these things, like say if it's going to really cold or windy i shouldn't wear contact lenses, if it's going to be wet i shouldn't wear long pants or jeans and swap my fave leopard print heels for waterproof knee high boots. Oh hey, just in case you wanted a running commentary about the weather, the rain has stopped and it's sunny again.

But here's the thing, i believe in The Secret and as much as you enjoy rolling your eyes at me when i quote the Law of Attraction (LOA) i believe in it because of me so actually it doesn't worry me if you think i'm gullible. Even if that's the case i'll be a very healthy, wealthy and abundant in every area of my life gullible person and that's something i can live with.Lol.

Now that we've gotten that part out of the way let's get back to the reason why i brought up the LOA in the first place.

At the end of the day, the weather is not in control of how you feel, someone at work who is annoying you constantly isn't in control of how you react and every single mishap that occurs in your life does not dictate how you behave and deal with it.

YOU are in control...

So many of us react instantly to things, i'm not talking about a reaction like shedding a few tears at a wedding but like punching a guy out at a pub. The guy at the pub didn't proceed to slam his head into your fist ...i'm damn sure of that. Lol, we need to get back into the driver's seat. There are so many ways to deal with conflict or misfortunes. It's hard because it takes more effort, monitoring how you feel and react is a constant thing. The Secret explains our feelings as a warning bell informing us what we are emitting to the universe which therefore equals to what's being sent back. In other words if you're feeling troubled, the universe registers that and because the LOA states that like attracts like, you attract more troubled feelings. Yes, that does really suck but take a moment to think about it, if it works with sad feelings, will it work with happy ones? Indeed it will...so the idea is to constantly give out happy (this doesn't mean you have to smile while you're having a good cry, on the contrary if you took a moment to think about all those elements in your life that are worth being thankful you won't have much to cry about anymore) and more importantly grateful thoughts because the more grateful you are, the universe will send you more things to be grateful...i know a lot of us that would definately welcome more of those...=)

I just realized something, some of you that are religious might think this universe stuff is mumbo jumbo and that all you have to do is believe in God. I want to point out then that I didn't once deny that God wasn't part of the equation. Last i checked he created all of this and i've never stopped being grateful for that too. The way i see it, he created all these tools on earth for the ones he loved the most, he wanted us to be happy, he wanted our lives to be abundant.

I recently had a discussion with someone about relationships with God. It started when he questioned whether i was blaspheming when i looked up and asked God for a parking spot since we'd been driving around for a while. He said, God's this important authority figure, do you really think it's right to ask him for something as trivial as a parking space? I thought about it for a moment then started explaining how i view my relationship with God. I think i felt the same way about God earlier on in my life, that he was all mighty and powerful, like he was this super hero and i wasn't anything special. It always made me feel so distanced from God. But one day it dawned on me why scripture always draws on how God is our father or brother etc. it's to help us understand that although he is all mighty and powerful he has chosen to have a relationship with us. So really he's like a really cool friend/sibling who wants to be included in our lives, he wants the opportunity to be there for us when times are good and bad, the chance to advise us or just listen when noone else will. When i think of it that way, i feel a warmth in my chest spread to every corner of my soul and i don't feel so far away from God anymore because He's right here with me.

I think i have trouble talking about what i believe in unless i'm really comfortable with someone, i don't like being judged for what i believe in. Even now, i'm wondering if i should just delete this post because it sounds borderline preachy and that's not me. I'm adamant that religion is not something that anyone should shove down someone else's throat. What i'm doing here is merely writing what i'm thinking and feeling. I do hope nobody is offended by anything i've said but at the same time i feel i need to stop worrying about what people think of me...The people that truly care would never label me.

This has become a very special post, it's origin is very close to my heart and i'm grateful for all the people, things and feelings that enable me to write what i need to when i need to. I see myself clearly when i write, like how a complex theory is easier to understand once you break it up into digestable chunks of information on a blank piece of paper.

I see/know what i want but more importantly what i already have.

2 comments:

Mingming said...

i forgot wat i wanted to say about this post....

Mingming said...

Oh yes..i wanted to say...that you never really talked about religion with me and Linny either..but then again..ur right. Religion is a relationship between you and God, and not really anyone else. Im like u too...i pray for parking spots..for anything at all....as Great and Awesome as I knw he is...I also knw that he is close in my heart..and a close friend that is there..and he is interested in every lil thing that my heart has to say to him:)