Monday, 16 July 2007

I'm back at work...

Greetings earthlings! =) I am back at work finally. And yes, thanks to my very wonderful Sony Ericsson K800i you get to see a photo of me taken seconds before i started typing. Just so you get to see my cute top and my little office. I actually bothered to get dressed up for work today. Yes, me in a beanie and a denim skirt is me getting dressed up. You should see what everyone else wears...is there another word for really seriously casual? Hehe. So yeah, first day back. My work permit was ready on Thursday or Friday i think but i told my boss i had some personal stuff to sort out so i could have the rest of the week off to spend with Toby and just to do my own thing. I had 2 weeks off and in that duration i discovered that i spend way too much money when i don't have something else like work to distract me. =P But it's okay in a way because half the time i work so much that i don't have time to spend any. So let's see...what did i do and spend on? Well, okay, my last proper post was when Toby was in Melbourne so i'll start from there.

So, the day after Toby left for Melbourne i had to stand down from work. I decided to wake up late (late was like 8.30...sheesh) and i think spent the day out with Krystal (who is such a doll to hang out with). Yeah, i think i went out that morning to the bank and stuff and left her a note saying we should hit the shops for a bit when she wakes up. So we went to get some of her black and white photos printed, went to the agent to sort out the tenancy agreement and went to Trade Aid. I bought this gorgeous Mexican-made wrist cuff but it's at home so i'll show you what it looks like next time. Then i made an appointment for a full body exfoliation and aromatheraphy massage and we went to the supermarket to get some groceries. I decided to go on a fish diet for the time Toby was away because he's not a fish fan and Krystal and i had an absolute field day trying different types of seafood/recipes every night of the week. We even went to the extent of getting a squid and attempted to clean it and cook it. We had such a laugh because we couldn't help but get a tad grossed out by the darn thing. Did you know that squids have BEAKS? Like an actual parrot type beak...it was disgusting ahahaha! We were so engrossed (a pun ahah) in what we were doing that we didn't take any photos oops!

Anyway, my full body massage was awesome. I went to The Groom Room and it cost me $45 and went for 45 minutes. I love the decor in that place. It's not very big but the simple colours and textures make it very calming. The lady who owns the place, Sam does the massages as well. She is so lovely. There's a lot of white things like white couches, white floaty curtains, white paper lamp shades etc...so it's very pretty! Sam also kept gushing about how gorgeous my skin is which hehehe of course put a spring in my step..=P

I also managed to get some Clinique SPF40 Sunblock and a new perfume one of those days that Krystal and i were out. I bought Guess by Guess and i'm wearing it today. It's a very feminine and flirty scent, i have received many compliments so go have a sniff when you get the chance. Ooh, and i just remembered, i got my very first merino top a few days ago too...i'm still trying it out but the fact that i'm not itching to death yet is a good sign hehe!

What else did i do in the week...it's all a bit of a blur now because i'd gotten so use to having an obvious separation between work days and weekends that i the entire week just felt like a really long weekend. Krystal and i watched movies and bonded - that pretty much sums it all up...hehe...we'd go window shopping or op-shopping and just pot around the house if the weather wasn't that great. I remember something else i did, i taught Toby's mum Jo how to use PowerPoint one of those days. Actually that was our original plan but when she came to fetch me, we ended up going to Briscoes (for those of you who don't know, Briscoes is a massive chain that sales household stuff like appliances, dinnerware, bedding etc) to buy laundry hampers. I had my eye on these gorgeous grass weaved laundry hampers a while back but they were $50 each so i didn't get them but we were so lucky because when we went this time round they were having a massive clearout and i managed to get them at $12.50 each! So needless to say i bought two so Toby and i have out own ones and so i can take mine with me when i move to Auckland. After that we met up with some of Jo's friends for coffee before finally going back to her house for the lesson. She caught on really quickly and was very excited at the thought of all the wonderful slideshows she could create and use as teaching aids. She's such a darling...i really enjoy hanging out with her. Last Monday we decided to go down to Wellington for the day eventhough Toby was only getting in that night. It was dreadful weather but we went for a wee shop around and found some really gorgeous things. I'll blog about that some other time though so i can show you some of my purchases.


Now, i thought i'd blog about something that one of besties told me about. Dori was talking about La Senza Itec bras the other day which got me started on a search for the equivalent of it from Victoria Secret also known as the Ipex range. I got SOO lucky...i typed it in on Trademe( NZ equivalent of Ebay, and before you get all grossed out that i bought second hand undergarments read on) and to my delight i found a couple sold and they were all in my size. The lady selling them had just had a breast reduction but when the swelling finally went down she couldn't fit them so she had only tried two of them on before washing them and the other 3 still had tags on. We swapped email address and she offered all 5 bras to me (retailed at NZ$60 each) for $90 with postage included. Needless to say i accepted and emailed her back straightaway but you wanna know something really cool? She's actually the APPAREL BUYER for Wild Pair and Lippy for New Zealand. That would be the ultimate job!! So i asked her about it and she was so friendly and answered all of my questions. She gets to travel a lot and goes to the US heaps to look at new stock. How awesome right?! But back to the story, i am wearing one of my Victoria's Secret Ipex bras right now and the twins couldn't be happier (cheeky grin)...3 cheeers for the forerunners Dori and Joanna!

I've got an hour to go...YES!!!

My sis and her husband are in town so i get to hang out with them tonight. My bro is in Malaysia with my parents currently too so he set up their Skype and last night we had out very first conference call complete with webcams. Mum and Dad were dumbfounded i think but i'm sure they'll get use to it pretty quick. Seeing my room definately made me homesick though and my brother kept threatening to throw out my stuff. Now that i have my work permit, i can't leave the country until June 2009...SUCK! If i do, i have to reapply for my work permit. I'm aiming to have PR in he near future though so hopefully that won't affect me. That reminds me i have to do some research on that as well as driving lessons. My sis is adamant about making me learn...sigh...i like getting driven around though!! =P I'm sure it'll be a liberating experience...

VIVA LA REVOLUTION! No bra burning action for me though...not today hahaha!

2 comments:

Mingming said...

WOW, wat luck with those bras...and im so glad u like them...hahha yes..they are indeed the BEST!!!

Black Patent Stilettos said...

I can't believe I didn't read this post sooner. It's a saturday and I'm killing a bit of time before I start my Harry Potter book and I KNOW i will not be doing anything else for a while after!!

Glad to see you've caught the ITEC/IPEX bug. I think VS bought over La Senza recnetly (which would explain the similar products and the now prominent display of VS body care products in the La Senza stores).