Monday, 2 July 2007

The Dingo Ate My Baby...

Ok ok ok...so it's not the most PC thing i could say but i thought it would be appropriate seeing as this morning i dropped my Toby off at the airport so he could catch his flight to Melbourne. I couldn't resist the urge to put a photo up..hehe forgive me..=)

It was my 'bright' idea...for his 21st birthday in April me, his mum, his dad, his brother and sister pooled our funds and got him a ticket for a week in Melbourne to see his bestmate Dug as well as spending money. Yeah, you think it sounds like a cool gift but i'm sure i won't agree with you when i retire early tonight, out of sheer boredom, to my cold bed without anyone to talk to or whine at...HAHAHA...those of you who know me know that i am just being a total drama queen, it's my blog and i'll cry if i want to eh?!

He'll have a spectacular time i'm sure, Dug picked him up at the airport about 2 hours ago and i wouldn't be surprised if they're already up to no good...LOL This is the only photo i had on this computer of Dug, he is the guy in the background sitting next to a samurai sword hehe: (i never really notice their obsession with swords until now...boys being boys i guess. It's a lousy photo i know so i'll add it to the list of things i have promised to post pictures of)

Wanna know something really funny? I have been working at this job for almost 3 months now and the only time i got time off was when i was sick for a week a little while ago. Toby works in the weekends so in other words, we don't get to spend heaps of time with each other if you don't count sleeping next to one another every night. The ironic thing is, i have the rest of this week off because my work permit expires tomorrow and i have to stand down until new work permit comes through. (Smacks head)Ah well, on the bright side i can schedule full body massages and spend days on end reading magazines, doing manicures/pedicures and watching soppy movies. =)

Speaking of movies, i watched the coolest romantic comedy last night. I have to admit i am a real sceptic when it comes to romantic comedies but this one we watched in Wellington last night made me laugh out loud (literally..it isn't an easy thing to do honestly). It's called "Starter for 10" It is the cutest romantic comedy, i swear. It's so real in a sense that it's not all rosy and things don't always work and sometimes there are no happy/sad endings just alternative routes and choices ...you really get drawn in if you're into less mainstream movies like me. I think those sorts of movies are so much more charming. Don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing the 'big guys' but perhaps after doing a major in media studies i am less willing to suspend my disbelief for something so obviously mass-produced. I give it 4 stars out of 5, so go see it! =0)

Oooh, this weekend was really eventful actually. My new flattie Krystal moved in yesterday. I gave her room a good vacuuming the day before so we could shift all her stuff in as soon as she arrived. Sad thing is i didn't get to be around on her first night because Toby's flight was at 6AM Monday morning and we had to have him at the airport by 4AM. Neither Jo(Toby's mum) or i were keen on driving up and down in the middle of the night so she got the key's for her mate's apartment (oh my god, i have to tell you about the apartment) and we spent Sunday night there. I think it would was a good thing that Krystal got to have the place to herself so she could unpack and settle in. She's so lovely, i wish i was living with her for longer than just a couple of months. Everytime one of us walks pass the other person's room or makes a fleeting comment we end up having this massive yarn about all sorts of stuff. Fun!

Now, about the apartment...it was so cute. Joan (Jo's friend who lives there with her daughter) has impressive taste. There were little details all over the house that made it so cozy. That's the style that i'd have if i could decorate my own place - tastefully simple. You could tell that every single thing in that house was place exactly where it was by someone and not by sheer chance. The apartment itself was like a nice blank canvas with lots of storage space and clean lines so when combined with her choice of neutral earthy colour schemes and interesting textures it was transformed into something out of a House and Garden magazine. The place wasn't huge but it was very compact. Two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, small study, dining room, lounge and a little balcony. There's a lot of glass windows so it's a little chilly in winter but from the street, when the lights are on, it looks like a doll house. The building houses 3-4 apartments on each level. I guess it's both cool and freaky at the same time that you can see people moving around in their apartments. I did take photos so i will post when i'm home next but we were only their in the evening and early the next morning so the lighting doesn't do the place justice.

Oh i have wonderful news people...i'm having a baby...HAHAH Gotcha...NO! Better...i have finally decided on a cellphone! The Sony Ericsson K800i has all the functions i want and more without cleaning out my savings haha! I can upload photos directly to my blog with it too so it's going to be rad. I've pretty much decided on the black as the silver doesn't sit well with me but i'm not sure why =P. Feel free to let me know what you think though ;)

Is that all i have to report? I think so...at least for the time being. Want to make a couple of shout-outs since i can...

1. Linzhi Lau (Hurry up and get out of China so you can view out blogs properly, i will not be emailing you my entries because i don't believe in special treatment hahaha)
2. Dori - yeah like the fish hehe..naughty spammers need to be spanked hahah...thanks for the updates on the perfect bra, now the hard part for me is finding a stockists here, thanks a lot!#$%^&
3. Joanna - I wanted to comment on your latest post (the one about the top model shows) today but could only do it via email. Is there a mystery 'post comment' button that i can't see because i refuse to believe that the emperor was wearing new clothes?! =P

Oh and to everyone else, i haven't forgotten y'all...i hope you're well and if you're reading please comment so i can post a special shout-out for you next time! Thanks for taking time out from your day to drop by.

Giggles and lollipops...

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm downloading the movie now since it has come with such excellent recommendations. XD (malaysia still supports piracy whole heartedly).

Have fun manicuring,pedicuring and bookworming this week!