Tuesday, 17 July 2007

Big Girls Don't Cry...

I cry so I must not be a big girl yet...LOL...that's alright with me actually, if possible i'd like to imprison my youth with a ball and chain so i'll always have access to it. Come to think of it, i think i'm due for a massive cry. I was on the verge of tears yesterday just because the first day back at work was pretty overwhelming but today's been good. Evilo took the day off because she's sick so i've had an extremely peaceful day. I even managed to get on top of all my work, all 2 weeks worth of it.

I think there have been a couple of times lately that were potential 'ugly' cry moments but i guess i didn't really allow myself to feel the full velocity of it. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing since i've always had a hard time controlling my feelings. Feeling and emoting is so personal and so public at the same time. Sigh...am i making any sense? I'm in such a mellow and inverted mood today it's weird...it's a nice change from the usual numerous voices creating chaos in my head...hehe


Actually managed to get some sleep last night but somehow it is never as restful as if you know you don't have to wake up early the next day. I made dinner and we just sat around eating and chatting. Managed to have a quick conference call with my parents while my sister was around as well which was great. Ooo...my sister bought me a new bottle of perfume when she was away overseas last. (We don't live in the same town so i get my gifts a little later when they come down to visit).
She got me a 30ml bottle of Calvin Klein's Eternity. I always thought it was a boy perfume but i absolutely LOVE it!! I tried it straightaway last night and am wearing it today as well. It's such a pretty smell - "A fresh, floral fragrance with the notes of mandarin, freesia, sage, narcissus, lily of the valley, marigold, white lily, jasmine, rose, sandalwood, patchouli, amber and musk" to be precise hehe.
But you know how some scents sort of change throughout the day? When you first spray it on it's quite a crisp smell but as the day draws on it turns more musky and floral? I don't mind perfumes that do that but this one doesn't which is really nice because it is the first note of the scent that i love so i'm glad that's what i keep smelling everything i move. Hahaha...what i'm actually saying is...it's a gorgeous scent so go have a sniff! I hope my readers don't think that just because i've had two posts in a row that have touched on fragrances that i'm stinky and need something to mask it...hahaha...i think i'm just like any girl..i love pretty things and i think pretty scents lift your spirits all day long. I have a selection of scents because the pleasure derived from them is very much mood dependant too.

I think this is all i can muster today people...thanks for dropping by for a read and don't forget to leave your mark..Hugs...

2 comments:

Mingming said...

hugs...feel better..everyone always have one of those days...OOo I love the CK perfume for boys, some of my friends actually use it..and it makes me wanna follow them to get another sniff..hahhaha

Black Patent Stilettos said...

Amen to pretty things! Gonna give that a sniff the next time I'm in the cosmetics department.

Thank you for the b'day wishes =). Yes I'm LOVING the rents for the lovely Tiffany's present.